Bikram Yoga – YOGABODY’s Lucas Rockwood explains how to pick and consume healthy oils.
YOGA FOOD & FLEXIBILITY
Best sources for healthy fats for yogis:
- raw nuts and seeds
- cold-press oils in dark bottles
“Buying good oil is like buying good wine!”
- oil should be stored in a DARK bottle
- all polyunsaturated fats MUST be in the refrigerator at all times (including flax oil, sesame oil, hemp seed oil, sunflower, and safflower)
- 90% of oils on the grocery store shelves ARE polyunsaturated and SHOULD NOT be consumed (they are rancid)
- animal fats (butter, cream, meat) has proven to be very dangerous to your health, particularly your heart
- vegetable fats (ONLY when cold-pressed and properly cared for) are extremely healthy and contain no cholesterol
“May this food heal and nourish my body!”
I made a bunch of yoga videos you might be interested in too. Plus, I have a free email newsletter and a bunch of other resources all based on nutrition, flexibility, and yoga.
NakedOil is always committed to providing the highest quality Oils for you and your home! Our Hemp Oil is no different. Like the Hemp Seed, Our Hemp Oil contains the ideal 3:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio. Hemp Oil can help protect the Skin & Hair all wh... read more
Cannabis sativa, commonly known as marijuana is an annual herbaceous plant that has been cultivated for eons to capture its diverse uses and benefits. Cannabis essential oil is not meant to be taken internally, but blended into carrier oils, perhaps ... read more
Nutiva's raw, unrefined, expeller cold-pressed Canadian hemp oil is light green, lighter in flavor, and has more GLA content compared to other hemp oils.
15mL with euro-dispenser [.9 mm orifice] is ideal for daily consumption of 1-3 drops (three times daily) to maintain the perfect primal diet ratio. Rich, bold, and aromatic-this oil is the highest nutritional oil available in the market today! This o... read more
Cannabis sativa essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the flowers and leaves of the Cannabis sativa plant. Cannabis sativa is an annual flowering plant. It has been cultivated worldwide throughout history as food, as a source of fibe... read more
Botanical Name: Cannabis sativa -- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed -- Recomended for a topical application
Hemp seed oil has a reputation as a versatile substance that is beneficial to us due to its Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio and its content of essential fatty acids. Hemp seed oil is 80% essential fatty acid, the highest amount of any other plant. And becau... read more